Saturday, March 30, 2013

BEGGERMAID &THE KING--90

The begger maid &the king
----------------------------
this poem was in our syllbus for sslc 1954-55
I developed a taste for english literature after this poem.(I invite you to please visit my blog
"drpselvaraj.blogspot.com------my article AIDS in poetry--104 stanzas"I am greatly indebted to my father
v.parthasarathy.gupta.After 60 years Istill remember the poem.There are questions about the artist who painted the scenerio.I have some answers.The artist painted in vertical fasion, because the beggermaids beauty can be appreciated, from an above downwards view..There is another lady whoprobably from royal family is also appreciating.Lady appreciating another lady is a rarity.The king is at alower level showing his humility &;humbleness.I personally feel the begger maid should have had lesser dress,unable to cover her bosom even.The artist out of chivalry must have painted with adequqte dress(note the poet's words--arms across her breasts)She must have also had a wonderful anatomy as evident from the pondering lords in the palace,part by part of her body

Amazing king Capheuta.Ausome beggermaid



No comments: